Mister Rogers: It's You I Like DVD + Mister Rogers: Making Mistakes DVD
Mister Rogers: It’s You I Like pays tribute to the beloved Fred
Rogers and the nearly 900 episodes of the landmark children’s television program
first seen in 1968 on PBS. Still broadcast on PBS stations around the country, the
iconic series continues to resonate with children and adults alike.
In this 60-minute retrospective hosted by award-winning actor Michael Keaton, enjoy memorable segments including visits with Koko the Gorilla and Margaret Hamilton as well as the iconic trip to the Crayola crayon factory. Hear from Judd Apatow, Joyce DiDonato, Whoopi Goldberg, Chris Kratt, John Lithgow, Nicholas Ma, Yo-Yo Ma, Itzhak Perlman, Sarah Silverman, Esperanza Spalding, and Caroll Spinney as they share their favorite memories from Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood.
Be inspired by Joe Negri (“Handyman Negri”), David Newell (“Mr. McFeely”), and Fred Rogers’ wife Joanne as they share their personal stories.
Archival performances by Tony Bennett, the Empire Brass Quintet, Perlman, Yo-Yo Ma, and others are also not to be missed!
Includes over 30 minutes of bonus video!
Mister Rogers Talks to Parents:
• A short promo from 1974, where Mister Rogers talks to parents about how important they are in a child’s life.
• The crew switched his shoes at the end of the program and he tries to fit into much smaller dress shoes while he sings “It’s Such a good feeling.”
• Mister Rogers is at a grocery store buying some milk and other items. When it’s time to pay, he discovers e has no money.
Behind the scenes on the Last Day of shooting:
• Filmed on the last day of shooting the final episode of MRN (Ep. 1765). The crew wore sweaters and ties to mark the occasion. Behind the camera during the shoot. Photo attached for ref – pretty cute with the sweaters!
• Rita Moreno sings “It's You I Like” and says “Yo quiero a ti”
• Andre Watts
• Jabali Afrika
• Marsalis Family
• Marcel Marceau
• Wooden Toys
Everyone makes mistakes, grownups and children. In these five episodes Mister Rogers helps children know that making mistakes can be one way to learn. There's a visit with concert pianist Andre Watts who admits that even he makes mistakes, and that helps him be a better performer. Factory tours include how people make books and erasers. In Make Believe even King Friday makes mistakes. But Daniel Tiger is worried about another kind of mistake when he wonders if he is a mistake. His friend Lady Aberlin assures him that he is fine just as he is. Regular Neighbors include Chuck Aber (Neighbor Aber), Betty Aberlin (Lady Aberlin), Don Brockett (Chef Brockett), Joe Negri (Handyman Negri), David Newell (Mr. McFeely), Audrey Roth (Miss Paulificatte), Elizabeth Seamans (Mrs. McFeely), Maggie Stewart (Mayor Maggie), Bob Trow (Bob Dog/ Robert Troll), Bill Barker (Dr. Bill and Elsie Jean Playtypus), Lenny Meledandri (Prince Tuesday) and Carole Muller Switala (Ana Platypus). The musicians were John Costa, Michael Moricz, Carl McVicker and Robert Rawsthorne.